Thursday, January 18, 2018

Losing Track of Time

Tuesday night I completely lost track of time. It happens every once and a while. A week or so ago I started putting together a technical specification and became so engrossed in what I was doing that I needed to be reminded to go to lunch. However Tuesday night, 2 hours seemed to be only 5 minutes.

After work I headed back to my sailboat and started playing Horizon Zero Dawn. My wife called to talk a bit and so I paused my game to have a conversation with her. As she hung up the phone, she told me she would call me when she headed to bed. A seemingly 5 minutes later my phone rang again. I told my wife that she must be going to bed early. Then I looked at my watch. She didn't hesitate to correct me that it had been quite a while since I talked to her on the phone last. To me it seemed like such a brief moment in time.

It is too early for me to write a review of the game but I have to say it has my interest. I can tell that eventually it may start to feel like I am doing the same thing over and over, but it has my interest right now. Stay tuned for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment