Thursday, February 20, 2020

Quarantine

I spend a lot of time in airports and so the Coronavirus is something that is on my mind a lot lately. My company has banned all International travel. My understanding is that this came at the recommendation of the Center for Disease Control (CDC) who recommend eliminating all unessential travel. After thinking about it for a bit, upper management is wondering what the difference is between a flight between a flight from Paris to Rome and a flight from San Francisco to San Diego. They are considering a ban on domestic travel just to be safe.

The international travel ban doesn't really effect me because I didn't have any immediate trips planned. A ban on domestic travel would really be a major inconvenience. I might have to work from home until the ban is lifted . . . maybe it would be kind of nice. I know my wife would appreciate it.

This discussion came up at work along with the various quarantines that are happening at airports and cruise ships. It didn't take long for someone to realize that we offer a solution to the quarantine problem: we work for a video game company. Anyone stuck under what effectively amounts to house arrest will have plenty of time to play video games. It is the perfect cure for not having anything to do. The only downside is that people stuck on cruise ships is not the same demographic of people who enjoy playing video games.

No comments:

Post a Comment