Sunday, February 19, 2012

A Keyboard for my Tablet

Lately I have noticed that I have not been using either of my tablet computers for anything more than playing casual games or listening to Pandora. Yesterday I decided to go get a case for my Samsung tablet to see if that would spur me to use it more. So when I finished skiing, I got in the car and headed down to the local Best Buy store.

I wasn't sure if I should bring the tablet computer or just leave it home. Since I wanted to make sure everything fit nicely, I brought the tablet. It turns out, that wasn't really necessary. The Samsung GalaxyTab 10.1 is so popular, there were tons of accessories specifically made for it. That is important if you plan to use things like the built-in camera and so I looked at cases specially made for my tablet computer.

I looked at 3 different cases and finally decided on the most expensive one. All 3 cases were very similar in style and appearance. The only real difference was that one contained a Bluetooth keyboard. I played around a bit with the keyboard and was convinced I could touch-type on it without much difficulty. Given that it only increased the price by $10, I was sold.

I have had the keyboard for less than 24 hours and I have to say that it actually makes the tablet a much more usable tool. I wouldn't say that my tablet can now replace my laptop, but it does come close. Now we will see if I use my tablet for more than just entertainment.

No comments:

Post a Comment