Friday, September 12, 2014

Using Your Tablet as a Second Display

I recently added another computer to my desk at work. The new computer came with another couple of monitors and so now I have 6 huge monitors on my desk. If I wasn't so swamped I would have them set up already. I did get one set up with my Mac laptop and it has been very nice.

In a couple of weeks I will be headed back to Japan and am hoping the flight will be as empty as it has been in the past. If that is the case, I will be able to spread out to the seat next to me. I have gotten used to having multiple monitors and was wondering if there is a way to turn one of my tablets into a second display. Guess what? It turns out there is software out there that does just that. It is called Air Display and a lot of people think it works really well. The program is not free but is reasonably priced at $9.99. I have yet to buy it and try it out but am thinking I should before my next trip.

Air Display works with Mac and Windows computers as well as iPad or Android tablets. It may even work with iPhones and Android phones but they are too small for me to use them as a second screen; even the new larger-sized iPhone.

No comments:

Post a Comment