Wednesday, June 10, 2015

A Failed Computer Monitor

I flew back to Salt Lake last night as I have some things to take care of at home. When I went and turned on my computer in my home office this morning, I noticed a flicker in one of my computer monitors. Upon closer inspection there is a flickering horizontal line as well as a burned out vertical row. At first I hoped there was simply a loose connection. I turned off the monitor and re tightened everything. Nope, that didn't solve the problem. Next I disconnected the monitor from the computer and saw that even when the monitor isn't connected to my graphics card, the artifacts still exist. That indicates there is a problem with the monitor and not my computer, graphics card, or cabling.

Fortunately the monitor that is going bad is my second monitor and not my primary one. It wasn't that expensive and replacing it won't be that difficult nor painful. It has lasted over 5 years and I have to say that I am grateful it has lasted this long. If you were to ask if I regret purchasing it and wish I had spent a little more on a name-brand monitor, the answer would be, "No." I think I made the right choice then. Now I just need to find something similar so I don't have two drastically different monitors on my desk.

No comments:

Post a Comment