Thursday, September 14, 2017

New Product Hype

Apple just released some new products this week. A friend of mine caught me in the gym and commented about how the reporting on the iPhone is not really that objective. I had to agree with him to a point. I have come to the conclusion that iPhone reviews come in only two flavors: lovers and haters. Lovers talk about all the merits of the new device and think it is the greatest invention ever. Haters talk about how there is nothing innovative about it and how other smartphones already have those features.

It is important to look at all new product reviews and try to figure out if the author is a lover or a hater. Some reviewers have been burned by products in the past and try to dissuade anyone from buying anything from the manufacturer ever again. Other reviewers are simply looking to get free products and will say nice things about mediocre products.

I have yet to see much of anything about Apple's new phones but am not really looking. I currently have 3 different smartphones and am not in the market to replace any of them. One of my phones is an iPhone SE and it works just fine for me. My other 2 phones are both Android ones and also work amazingly well. Given the $999 price tag for some of these new phones, I'd rather spend the money on a better laptop and get a cheap phone. You may think differently.

No comments:

Post a Comment