Thursday, May 30, 2019

Red Dead Redemption 2 Finally Got Good

For the past several months I have been playing Rockstar's Red Dead Redemption 2 on my PS4. It took a long time for me to start enjoying the game as much as I enjoyed the original Red Dead Redemption. The story seemed to indicate that I was starting to get close to the end and I felt disappointed that I didn't enjoy the game earlier. As I finished up the main story this week, I noticed that Rockstar seemed to put a lot more effort into the game ending and I really got a lot more into the story. The music got better, the writing got better, and the characters finally became more likeable.

The main story ended and I found myself playing the Epilogue as John Marsden. He is the main character in the original game and I really like him. Perhaps it is because he has a son and I can relate to that (as can Kratos in the fairly recent God of War game from Santa Monica Studios) as well as a few other likeable characteristics. Ultimately I found myself wanting to stay up late so I could continue the game last night and had to force myself to go to bed so I wouldn't be a zombie at work today.

I will try to provide a complete review in the near future but wanted to report that I am now finding the game worth playing. Should you be wondering if it is worth your time, I would suggest hurrying through the main part of the story to get to the Epilogue. All of the original story side quests and missions are still available and you can give them a play. I will try to provide an update in the next few days so you can decide for yourself if it is worth playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment