Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Game Review: God of War on PS4

Last week I finally finished playing God of War on the PS4. This is a different game than God of War on the PS3 or PS2. In the first 3 games, Kratos runs around killing all of the Greek gods so that by the end of the 3rd game there is nobody left to kill. So he moves up north and starts taking care of those evil Norse gods. This time he has his son to help him and the son makes a good accomplice as you run through the story.

I thoroughly enjoyed playing the game and put in something like 70 hours to complete the game. I would have done it sooner but decided to spend a bit of time honing my battle skills and ranking up so I wouldn't have a problem with the final boss battle that is so common in these types of games. I'm glad I did as I completed the event in one take and didn't die several times in the process. Now I am going back through the game finishing side quests that I missed earlier.

I have to warn you that God of War is one of those games that you don't want to quit. You'll find yourself justifying a few more minutes of play until it is 3 in the morning. If you lack self-control, you may want to avoid this game as it is one of the more addictive that I have played.

God of War is only available on the PlayStation platform and so if you are a fan of PC games or other consoles, you will be disappointed that you can't play it. I also have to say that it is the best of the God of War games and I have played most of them.

The game has an ESRB rating of M for Mature. This is because of violence and strong language. Earlier God of War games had cartoon nudity and so I couldn't really recommend them. This one I can for older teenagers and young adults as well as middle-aged men looking to spend their evenings killing bad guys.

I do have one more warning for you if you plan to play this game. Budget getting a new controller. I played God of War 3 remastered on the PS4 and ruined a controller in the process. This version of the game has put a lot of wear-and-tear on the left analog stick of my new controller and I will probably be replacing it in the near future as well. Those things are not cheap!

I got my copy of the game using my industry discount but think it is well worth the $30 you can get it for at most retail outlets.

No comments:

Post a Comment