Thursday, September 26, 2024

Robot Vacuum: Hide-and-Seek Champion

This morning I went to empty the dust bin on one of my robot vacuums and noticed my wife had beat me to it. I asked if she had emptied our second one and she had not. I headed upstairs and quickly saw that the device had not found its way back to the charging station. I announced the search by yelling, "Marco," like the pool game I played as a kid and heard my wife chuckle. I only wish the creators of my robot vacuum had added a function for the device to beep when it hears someone yelling "Marco."

My wife volunteered to help me find the disappearing robot and I told her not to worry as there is only 500 square feet to hide in. She still came and helped. I checked all the usual spots but could not find the device. I started opening closet doors to see if it had managed to squeeze in and close the door behind it. I checked under the 2 beds on that level of the house. No matter where I looked, I couldn't find the missing robot.

At this point I decided that I should award hide-and-seek champion of the world because I looked everywhere. Now my wife and I started looking more closely in places we had already checked. My wife eventually found the robot. It had climbed on top of some storage items under one of the beds and safely hidden itself next to the box springs. My wife came out carrying the device and laughing. She emptied the dust bin while put the robot vacuum on the charger.

We have quite a few devices that make our lives easier and our robot vacuums are still on that list. Should you decide to pick one or more up, just be warned that you may be playing hide-and-seek once a month. Most of the time it will be a short game. On days like today, it may be a lot longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment