Sunday, April 19, 2015

Time for a New Android Phone

Recently my office decided to upgrade my old Android phone to a new one. I really liked my old one as it did the job very well. It wasn't anything special but did have one or two limitations due to the low-cost processor included. My new phone is a significant upgrade and I am sorry to report that the difference is very noticeable.

Smartphones are those devices that should do one or two things very well. The most important thing is that a phone should be able to make calls. My Android phone has always been a better phone than my iPhone. My new Android phone does not disappoint in this area as it is even better than my old one. The second thing that my smartphone should be able to do is give me information when I need it. Most of the time I can just use the phone's browser and search the Internet. There is relatively no difference in this area between my new phone and my old one. Or with my iPhone for that matter.

The third thing that a smartphone should do is keep me entertained. As I write this I am at the Los Angeles International airport waiting for a flight to Tokyo, Japan. My new phone has a significant number of applications that run much better on the eight-core processor vs. the two cores in my old one. There is also a lot more memory on my new phone and so everything just seems to work. I didn't notice this with my old phone because I didn't really have much to compare it with other than my iPhone. In the past I have been fairly evenly split as to which phone I like better. Now I have to say that I am beginning to prefer my new Android phone.

Oh there is one more feature with my new phone that is really amazing: it is waterproof. As someone who spends a lot of time standing in snowstorms, a waterproof phone can be rather handy. It is also pretty cool when you drop your phone in your water glass at a restaurant and then have someone call it. Try that with your iPhone.

No comments:

Post a Comment