Tuesday, December 10, 2013

My First Android Phone

I have never been a fan of carrying around 2 mobile phones. I often comment to people I see on planes that their life must suck if they have to carry around 2 phones. Most people laugh and agree that it is a pain. Today I joined them, so my life must suck too.

The reason for my second phone has to do with a new project that I am working on. It also gives me a phone that is paid for by my company and so I don't have to worry about expensing anything when I use it on one of my frequent trips to Japan. That will be nice. The only downside is that I have never used an Android phone. My only smartphone has been an iPhone. While I do have a lot of experience with Android on tablets, this is the first time with a phone and it is a bit different.

The nice thing about the iPhone is that it is very intuitive to use. My Android phone is doing all sorts of things and making noise all the time. Every time I get an e-mail, it beeps. Several minutes before a meeting, it beeps. When I get a text, it beeps. I had to turn off the sound during one meeting because the phone kept beeping and interrupting things. I'm sure I will figure out all of these little nuances with the new device. Until then, it is going to be interesting learning about this new phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment