Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Knack on the PS4

One of the games I recently picked up for the PS4 is Knack. It was developed by the main architect of the PS4 and serves to showcase some of the things you can do with the new console. Unfortunately it has gotten a number of bad reviews as a game. Some say it is a kids game but too difficult for kids to play. Others describe it as tedious.

I have been watching my 17-year-old son play it over the past couple of days and think it is a great game. Yes, the animation is cartoonish and the game seems to keep going and going, but I don't see either of those as negative. I like the artwork as it helps with the escape from reality. I also like that the game isn't over in 2 hours. Unlike most game reviewers who get their games for free, when you pay $65 for a game, you want it to last. Perhaps that is why a lot of gamers disagree with the critics about Knack.

My son is out of school for the Thanksgiving holiday and immediately headed to play Knack after a morning of skiing. When I told him that the game was getting a lot of bad reviews, he couldn't understand why. My son grew up playing Ratchet & Clank but has since grown tired of it. Knack is a great follow-on game for someone a little older. It is definitely worth the price we paid for the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment