Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Classic MS-DOS Games

It is no secret I work for a video game company and so it is not uncommon to see people playing video games at work. Today someone showed everyone in the office a site where you can play about 2,300 old MS-DOS games in your web browser. Naturally everyone dropped what they were doing and spent a few minutes reliving the past. I went looking for an old game I spent many a night playing when I was back in college. Unfortunately I didn't find it, but I did find a number of other games that held my interest many years ago.

It is amazing to see how far video games have come in the past few decades. Increasing hardware performance has helped usher things along and it is great to see the progress. There are still a number of old video games that are a lot of fun to play even now. One of the guys at work confessed to only being able to beat a specific game one way even though there were four possible paths and he continues to work at the game. It was also interesting to see how simple even the most complex games were back then.

I have been trying to figure out what to do with my time on the boat this evening. There are a number of games I could play on my PlayStation 3. Perhaps I will search this game site and see if I can't find more of those old games I used to play. It could be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment