Tuesday, January 27, 2015

I Finished Playing a Video Game

One problem with working at a video game company is that there are a lot of different games to play. That makes it tough to actually finish one as I often get bored with one and move onto another. Well this evening I actually finished playing Bioshock Infinite. There was a driving force to finish the game as another coworker just finished it and wants to have a conversation about it with others who have completed the game. Everyone in the office has been waiting for me to finish so we can talk about the ending. I can't say I was surprised as I figured it out before I got to the end of the game. Tomorrow should be fun at work though as we can finally have this long-anticipated conversation.

Finishing a game comes with a huge sense of satisfaction. It also comes with a bit of sadness as now I won't know what to do with my evenings. I have replaced all television and movie watching with game playing. Now what am I going to do with my evenings when I am alone on the boat in California?

Fortunately there are a number of video games to choose from. My own library is quite full of games that I own. There are also a whole group of games that I have started but never had the patience to finish. There are also a number of games I have that are still in the plastic shrink-wrap. Then there is even a larger of inventory of games in the game library at work. Finally there is the video game I have been writing over the course of several years that is actually getting close to being done. Of course I could also take a break from video games and do other things.

No comments:

Post a Comment