Saturday, October 3, 2015

Time to Break Out the Walkman

This morning I pulled out a decade-old Sony Walkman and actually had a legitimate use for it. There was a radio program I wanted to listen to. It was something I could do at the same time I rode my indoor bike. Yes, I would have rather ridden outside but it was raining and so listening to my program while I got some exercise seemed like a good idea.

I have an old Sony Walkman that I got probably 10 to 20 years ago. It was one of the last cassette player models released and it also has a built-in radio. I found a fresh set of AA batteries and connected it to my favorite ear buds. Then I quickly found the right station and had a great indoor ride.

Sure I could have downloaded an application for one of my smartphones and streamed the program to it. However that seemed like a lot of work when all I needed to do was add a fresh set of batteries to something ready to go. Sometimes those old technologies may seem out of date but often times they still have a purpose. Today was one of those times.

No comments:

Post a Comment