Thursday, September 15, 2016

Tokyo Game Show

I am sitting in one of the first-class lounges at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX). Earlier I got off a flight from Tokyo and my connecting flight to Salt Lake is delayed by more than an hour. If everything had worked out, I would have been able to spend an entire day in Tokyo, cross the International Date Line and gotten home on an hour before I left Tokyo. Instead I will get home an hour into the day after a very important day to me. I am kind of upset that I won't be home on time but there is not much I can do about it. Just remember that when you need the airlines to be on time, they won't be.

So what brought me to Tokyo? Tokyo Game Show (TGS), Japan's largest video game conference. I had some important meetings and so I needed to attend. I just wish the show occurred a week earlier or later. Then I could be home on this special day.

I don't have official numbers but the show seemed larger than last year. I didn't see any surprises other than games that are popular in Japan but not in the US. I think the one big stand-out from the show is Resident Evil 7: Biohazard from CAPCOM. I'm not sure if I gave this game more attention because one of my co-workers from Japan really likes the game and so we spent more time watching trailers. What I do know is that it looks like a scary game that should be very entertaining.

I do have to disclose that I work for a video game company but no, we don't work on Resident Evil 7. Also, I have never played a Resident Evil game but have to admit this one does look interesting. I'll have to give it a try when it releases in January of 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment