Thursday, September 22, 2016

Laptop Size Recommendation

When I first started my current job, I had a laptop provided to me and didn't have the option of choosing it. I was not the first user and the computer had seen better days. Eventually the time came and I got to order a new laptop and I selected one of the larger laptops available. I did so based on the processing power available. I also liked the size of the larger screen.

I liked the new laptop and used it for several years longer than required. Our company policy allows us to refresh our computers every couple of years. At the 4-year mark, I decided to make some changes. I noticed that others carried their laptops with them a lot more than I did. The larger format of mine discouraged that. Instead of the 15-inch model, I chose the 13-inch one. I am pleased with the change. I find myself bringing my computer with me everywhere. I also find myself pulling out my laptop a lot more on planes and in airports. It is much easier to find space for a smaller machine.

If you are in the market for a new laptop, think about any changes you would like to make with your current one. Think about more than just processor speed and memory. Is your computer bag too heavy when you put your laptop in it or do you even notice. Is your screen too small to be useful or is it more than adequate. These are small things that are often overlooked but end up making more of a difference than you probably realize. I know it surprised me.

No comments:

Post a Comment