Thursday, April 13, 2017

The Best Home Alarm System

For the past 13 years I have had the best home alarm system ever made. While I live in a fairly safe neighborhood we have had a few teenagers create mischief with my neighbors over the past few years. I have never worried about my own home because of my alarm system: a large German Shepherd dog named Aspen.

She felt that it was her job to bark menacingly any time someone came to the door. On more than one occasion it has scared door-to-door salespeople away. When she didn't scare them away, comments got made about how ferocious she sounded. I loved my dog.

The only downside to having such a reliable alarm system is that eventually they die. Last night my protective dog passed away. Yes we are all sad about the loss of our family pet but we knew her time was coming to an end. She had lost most of her hearing and we don't know how she could see through her cloudy eyes. Walking had become difficult and she could barely get around the block. So we hope she is now in a better place and able to frolic as much as she used to as a puppy.

No comments:

Post a Comment