Friday, February 16, 2018

Electronic Bill Pay

I used to be a check guy. When it came time to pay bills, I would sit down with my checkbook, figure out what bills I could put off the longest, and pay bills until I started feeling uncomfortable with how much money I had left. Then I discovered electronic bill pay. My bank has it as a free service with my account. I have to say that I love it. Rather than mailing checks, I let the bank take care of that. The bills get paid within a few days of when I schedule them. That means if I know I will be out of town for a while, I can schedule bills to be paid in the distant future. My only responsibility is making sure something doesn't interrupt my direct deposit for my regular paychecks.

Tonight is bill-pay night but I have a slight problem: the bill pay application is temporarily unavailable. That is most unfortunate as I had hoped to get that taken care of this evening. I have had this happen before and the site generally comes back up rather quickly. I hope that is the case this evening as I want to get this done tonight and not have to worry about it in the morning.

If you are not using your bank's electronic bill pay application, I encourage you to start. If you bank does not offer this service for free, then I recommend you switch banks.

No comments:

Post a Comment