Monday, March 11, 2019

My Bear Claw Yurt Video

A week and a half ago I went on a ski mountaineering trip with my two sons and a friend. We hiked into the Bear Claw yurt and spent the night. The next morning we woke up, hiked up a couple of mountains, and skied down them before returning to our car. I thought the entire experience would make a pretty good video and so I took some footage with one of my new GoPro knock-offs. I'll let you be the judge of the video but I think it came out pretty well.

This represents a different way of creating videos as I had the video completed and up for viewing on YouTube in about 10 days. We left on Thursday afternoon and I uploaded the completed product the following Saturday. When I started the trip with my sons, I had a rough idea of what I wanted to capture and just pulled out my camera every time I thought something interesting happened. When we got home, I reviewed the video and created a simple script describing the trip.

Every time I go to create a video, I feel like I have to relearn a number of the settings for the software I use to create the finished product. This time I took copious notes so it will be easier the next time. I also only created my last video a few months ago and so a lot of what I did was still fresh in my mind. I think the sound quality on this one came out much better than previous ones. There is still a bit of work to do though.

I am trying to create these videos as a method of improving my video creation skills. If you have any constructive comments, please feel free to let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment