Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Apple EarPods are Incredibly Uncomfortable

Last week I had a flight and forgot my comfortable earphones. They are the in-ear type that also have noise cancelling and I love them. I always keep a spare set of earphones in my computer bag and so I pulled out my spare pair of Apple EarPods. They seem to be incredibly popular as I see a lot of people walking around with the telltale white buds hanging out of their ears. Unfortunately I hate them as they are the most uncomfortable pair of earphones I own.

I am usually a fan of Apple products but I think this is one case where everyone has bought into a severely inferior product. Perhaps my ears are different than everyone else in the world, however I believe that a lot of people are really into pain. I just can't believe that people willingly put those things in their ears.

It also is not just a comfort thing. The sound quality from my less-expensive earphones is vastly superior to that of the EarPods. I used to not really be able to tell the difference between various sound products. Now that I am actively practicing the guitar, my ears have become significantly better at distinguishing between high-quality and low-quality sound. The EarPods have a very rattly sound. This could be because they don't fit my ears very well. In any event, I am not a fan of this Apple product.

So you may be asking which headphone brands I prefer. I have tried a number of products and suggest going with a brand that is known for higher-quality sound. I have several Sony headphones and enjoy them all. With Sony, you pay for what you get so spending more gives a better headphone. That being said, even the cheapest Sony headphones fit my ears much better than the EarPods.

I also have some Skullcandy headphones and think they are pretty good as well. I will confess that I did sit next to the CEO of Skullcandy once on a flight and we had a great time discussing the merits of various headphone manufacturers.

No comments:

Post a Comment