Wednesday, October 30, 2019

When to Give up on a Video Game

For the past several weeks I have been trying to complete one final task in God of War. I have one last Valkyrie to "free" but just can't seem to be able to do it. Last night I came as close as I ever have but still fell short. I am trying to decide this evening if I am going to try again or just give up on the game and practice guitar.

Looking back I can see that I finished the main story of the game back at the end of August. Then it took me another month to finish a lot of the side quests that I never got around to doing. This past month I have not had a lot of time to play games in the evening because of other commitments. That means I will have 30 minutes here or there to put into the game. That works because after 30 minutes of getting my butt kicked, I don't really feel like playing much more anyways.

I guess that is how you tell when you are done with a video game: it is no longer fun to play. I have played quite a few games and never got past some of the beginnings. Often times that is because I have so many other things to do. Sometimes it is because I just lose interest in the game and it is no longer fun to play. When that happens to you, feel free to stop playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment