Thursday, October 29, 2020

Multiple Streaming Services

This morning I went to spend 30 minutes on my indoor bike for my morning exercise when I noticed one of my streaming music services wasn't working correctly. When I go for a ride outside, I never listen to music as I need my sense of sound to keep from becoming a hood ornament. Inside it is a different story. If I don't have music, I have a very difficult time exercising. I have tried watching movies while using an indoor bike but music inspires me the best.

Naturally I closed my music app and reopened it. That seemed to work for 2 songs and then it busted again. At this point I decided to try my secondary streaming music source and used it to finish out my workout. It is times like this that I am glad I have both Pandora and Spotify streaming music accounts.

It is also good to have multiple streaming video accounts. There are a number of times that I will go to watch a movie only to discover problems. Sometimes it is a function of my Internet connection being too slow because everyone on the block is watching movies at the same time. Other times it is just the streaming service having issues. In any event it is nice to have multiple options. When my Internet connection is slow or goes out completely I have a huge library of DVD and Blu-ray discs that serve as a nice backup to keep me entertained.

We all have our favorite places to go for streaming services. Sometimes we spend a lot of time customizing our accounts so that recommendations are exactly what we are looking for each time we connect. This makes us reluctant to look at other vendors of similar services. Ultimately it is nice to have a backup service just in case your favorite is down for some reason. It isn't necessary to sign up for every possible solution but having at least one alternative is a good practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment