Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Work From Anywhere

This morning I got up and headed to the gym before work. Now it just happens that my gym is Snowbird Ski Resort and I skied for an hour. Ski resorts are great places to work out as you pretty much social distance and have the benefit of being outdoors. I did take a bit of a risk though and rode a chairlift with a stranger. Don't worry, we wore our face coverings and sat on opposite sides of a 4-person chair.

I usually ask where someone is from and this morning's guest is from the Boston area. He confessed that he hasn't spent much time there though because of COVID-19. Instead he is taking advantage of being able to travel and work from anywhere. This week he is here in Utah and next week he will head up to Big Sky, Montana. I don't think he wants to go back to the way things used to be before this pandemic.

My wife was talking with one of her close friends this evening and the conversation turned to one of the neighborhood kids who recently graduated from college and landed a job in the Los Angeles area. Since he can work from home, he and his wife boarded a plane and are living in Hawaii until he needs to go back to work. He is someone else enjoying the ability to work from anywhere.

My wife's friend asked me where I would like to visit as I am also working from home and have the luxury of going anywhere. I confessed that I am exactly where I want to be and enjoy my morning workouts on the ski hill. Normally I would have been in the Bay Area if not for COVID-19. I hope I don't have to go back to the office as much as I did before the pandemic.

So this brings up the question for you. Do you have the ability to work from home and where would you be? Think about it, you can easily put your home on AirBnB and rent it out while you go live somewhere else. It could be for a short time or it could be longer. You just have to ask yourself if you are where you want to be right now. If not, do something about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment