Tuesday, January 12, 2021

My 5 Minutes of Fame

Last October I received an e-mail from my marina on the Great Salt Lake. A local outdoor television show wanted to experience sailing on the Great Salt Lake and asked for someone to take them out. I responded that my wife and I could go out that week with the film crew and hosts. I assumed that there would be a lot of sailors who would also jump at the chance. Little did I know that we would be selected.

We met the husband and wife hosts at the marina that Saturday morning along with their family and the person who would capture everything on camera. Having that many people on the boat makes for a crowded experience but we made it work by spreading people throughout the boat. At first the wind cooperated in the sense that it started light so nobody got scared. Then as the sailing continued, the wind built to the point where we had an exciting day that didn't get scary.

As quickly as it started we finished our sail and the day came to a close. We had a great time and I think the hosts had a fun day of sailing. While they mention that in the television episode, they said the same thing when the camera wasn't rolling. For those that are interested in watching the video, it can be found on YouTube and gives you an idea of what it is like sailing on the Great Salt Lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment