Friday, September 17, 2021

Sometimes You Can Get a PS5

My youngest son sent me a text message saying that PlayStation Direct sent him an e-mail with an exclusive code to get a PlayStation 5. It is because he is a PlayStation Plus member and opted in for the chance to buy one as soon as it became available. I told him he should get it the moment he could as PS5's are still very hard to get. He didn't think he would and so I told him I would buy it off him if he didn't want it as I have a large number of people that are trying to get one but can't. I told him I wouldn't make any money off the deal but would do it as a service for someone.

My son decided to go for it and buy it knowing he wouldn't lose any money. He got in the queue at exactly the time he needed and ended up only waiting 20 minutes before being able to purchase the PS5. Two days later it arrived at his front door. I then got another text from him saying that I could have it when I come to see him in two weeks if he couldn't sell his current PS4. With the backwards compatibility of the PS5 he doesn't really need the PS4 any more and that can help offset the cost of the new console.

Only 5 minutes after that text I got another one saying that he had already sold his PS4. I asked him how much he got for it and he told me. Now he didn't pay anything for his PS4 as I gave it to him as a gift and so he really had no idea how much I paid for it. He ended up selling it for $100 more than I paid. Now I get a significant discount for them because I work for PlayStation, but that amazed me. He said he could justify the premium as he threw in his second controller and a few games. I'm still amazed.

On Thursday I saw an article saying that because of shipping delays you will want to start your Christmas shopping early. Fortunately my son got a special invitation and now has some of that shopping done. He also proved to me that it is possible to get one of the latest video game consoles.

No comments:

Post a Comment