Saturday, February 5, 2022

Creating My Next YouTube Video

For the past several years I have been working on a single YouTube video and it is almost completed. This video has been rather difficult in that I have done things out of order. Normally I create a script and then go find content. This time I have a bunch of content from years of skiing at a number of different resorts. I created a script that matches my message and now I am trying to pull videos and images from my content to match the script.

While I do have some flexibility to go and gather new content because I ski every day, some of the footage needs to be from ski areas that are not near my home. I don't want to use photos or videos from others as that runs the risk of copyright issues. Instead I find myself filling in parts of the video with closeups of trail maps. It works most of the time but sometimes there is no substitute for viewing the beauty of the actual resort and not someplace similar.

I am looking forward to releasing my next video as it will be somewhat controversial. Unfortunately that is one of the best ways to get a lot of views. So far I haven't received a single dislike for any of my videos. That will change with this one. I am pretty sure I will have to deal with a lot of negative comments as people disagree with my recommendations. We'll see how it goes. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment