Monday, June 13, 2022

Quarantined Again

Friday morning I got up and sat down for my usual breakfast of flavored cardboard also known as Oatmeal. I took a bite and couldn't taste anything. This concerned me and so I tried tasting a number of different foods only to have the same result. The last thing I tried was a stick of wintergreen gum. It tasted like gum that had already been chewed for several hours and had no taste whatsoever.

My new office has had a number of cases of COVID and I figured I picked it up there. So as to not spread it any further, I let people at my office know I was going to stay home instead of joining everyone for a team activity. I then proceeded to adjust my weekend plans to avoid all contact with everyone. That sort of upset me as I wanted to go rock climbing. It is not safe to rock climb alone as you need someone to belay you and so I stayed home.

Fortunately my sense of taste returned later on Friday but I still felt that I needed to follow the CDC guidelines and quarantine myself for the next 7 days. I did take a COVID test only to have it come back negative. I would rather be safe than sorry, especially since the tests are not 100% accurate.

Fortunately we have learned a lot over the past 2 years. My weekend would have been amazingly boring without the technology that allowed me to connect with my family. I spent a lot of time having video calls with my kids and their families. I also met with friends using Zoom and that took a bit of the sting out of being alone. 

I still have 5 days to go and fortunately it is raining outside so I have an excuse to exercise indoors. I also can save gas by working from home and not going to the office 18 miles away. I actually don't feel sick and so I understand why people don't feel the need to quarantine even though they should. I just wish others would have quarantined. If they had, I wouldn't have to do it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment