Tuesday, May 31, 2022

A New Job at KLAS Research

At the end of April I started a new job as the Director of Software Engineering at KLAS Research. It is a far cry from Sony PlayStation but a nice change. My new company researches medical software used by hospitals and health networks. It then makes it's findings available to medical providers to help them decide which to buy. My job is to manage the software engineering for all of the company's internal tools that help them gather and publish this research.

Working at KLAS is very different than working at PlayStation. I miss working in the video game industry and I also miss the excitement my job used to generate. One nice thing about the new job is that my work is much more serious. I also am at the director level again. I also work with some amazing people that are incredibly smart.

The best thing about my new job is that I am working with a bunch of new technologies. I always enjoy learning new things and we'll see how my existing knowledge translates. So far it has been pretty smooth but I am just getting started.

No comments:

Post a Comment