Monday, March 7, 2016

How to Keep your Mind Active

While at work last week I had one of my coworkers come up to me and tell me that I am doing a good job of keeping my mind young. She was listening to a podcast about how to keep you mind young and active and the first piece of advice they gave included learning a musical instrument. She knows I practice my guitar daily and wanted to congratulate me on doing something to keep my brain active. Naturally I thanked her.

She then went on to say that another thing to do is to play video games. Since we both work for a video game company, we both laughed because that is part of our job. Everyone in our team thought that was funny, not because we don't believe it but because we get paid to do something we should be doing anyways. I am constantly looking for the benefits of video games because they are often thought of as a waste of time. I don't suggest dropping everything to play video games, however they do have some redeeming qualities.

Yes, I am probably doing a good job keeping my brain young and active. However if you stop to think about it, I am just a big kid. Let's hope that is a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment