Monday, December 21, 2020

I Miss My Sunday Newspaper

I know that for most people the daily newspaper disappeared quite a few years ago. I still subscribed to the Sunday paper as I enjoy spending one day a week browsing through a physical copy of the newspaper. Let's be honest, I browse the paper but read every word of the comics. Yesterday marked the first Sunday in many years that I didn't receive a newspaper.

Last week I cancelled my subscription to the Sunday newspaper because the company is changing how they deliver the paper. Instead of a daily newspaper or just the Sunday one, they are using the postal service to deliver a magazine once a week. If you want the daily news, you can get online access to it. As that doesn't interest me, I cancelled.

Yesterday I woke up and hoped the paperboy had made a mistake and delivered me a newspaper on accident. Unfortunately that didn't happen and so I headed to the breakfast table and tried to figure out something else to do while eating my Sunday morning meal. A quick Internet search revealed that I can get all of my comics online for free. I tried a number of different sites but eventually settled on one that had all of my usual reads.

Interestingly enough, as I stopped reading the daily paper years ago, I didn't realize that a number of the daily comics are actually in color. Now that I have found comics site I like, I may start reading them every day or at least when I have the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment