Tuesday, June 15, 2010

A Good Desk

I have been fighting a cold since last Thursday and so when I went home over the weekend, I didn't do much but rest. Snowbird was still open and so I could have gone skiing, but didn't. I had some friends that wanted to go sailing, but I didn't. About the only useful thing I did do was clean off my desk in my office.

Yesterday I flew back out to the Bay Area feeling slightly better but still under the weather. When I got back to my boat last night, I made dinner and then sat down on the couch in front of the TV. I thought about doing some work on a project my son and I are collaborating on, but decided against it. My boat normally has a great desk to work at. When my family came out to visit San Francisco a couple of weeks ago, we turned the desk into a bed. This involved partially dismantling the boat. Normally the desk should turn into a bed with a minimal amount of work. However, due to a busted screw, the process turned into an hour long process. I have yet to repeat the equally lengthy reverse process. First I would like to fix the broken screw.

Thinking back to my clean desk at home versus the non-desk on the boat, it made me realize how important a good work environment is. If you don't have a clean desk or a proper area to work, it may be hurting your performance. So if you find yourself putting off working on the computer, take a look at your work environment. Perhaps you might want to clean up the area and then it will be easier to do your work.

There is a Home Depot near my office and so I stopped in on the way to to work. Now I have the tools to fix the desk on my boat. Afterwards maybe I can work on my son's project. All that is on TV are reruns anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment