Thursday, June 10, 2010

Wife Reading E-mail

Today I caught my wife reading my e-mail. This is not a bad thing as I don't have any secrets that would get me in trouble with her. I believe that every spouse has a right to know what the other is receiving as electronic correspondence. It has a tendency to cut down on secret liaisons and infidelity. Furthermore my wife had a legitimate reason to check my e-mail this morning. My youngest son is leaving on a summer trip and I had some information that my wife needed to get with regards to paying for the trip.

The only problem with my wife reading my e-mail is due to the convoluted way I have my e-mail configured. When I am on the road, I use a webmail client. I can delete unwanted messages directly on the server and read the important stuff. When I get home, I download all the e-mail from the web and store it locally on my desktop machine. This keeps my e-mail server from having to store more than a couple dozen messages.

I arrived at the office this morning and had the usual nightly messages. Then I noticed that my messages suddenly disappeared. For a moment I thought my server had a bug. Then I realized that my wife must be going through my e-mail and so I gave her a call. My suspicions were confirmed and we had a good laugh. She didn't understand the whole delete-from-server process and felt bad when I explained it to her. Luckily I had finished reading all my new e-mail and so there was no harm done. I was just glad there weren't any messages from BIG-WANDA@your-love-connection.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment