Friday, December 17, 2010

Don't Shoot the Messenger

When I first started flying between Utah and California earlier this year, Southwest had a flight that left Oakland at 6pm and got into Salt Lake at 9pm. It required me to leave my office at 4 and I sort of had an evening at home. Then Southwest moved the flight to 7pm, which put me in at 10pm. I got to stay at the office until 5pm but sort of ruined my Friday nights. Now Southwest has pushed the flight back to 8:15, which puts me in after 11pm. That totally ruins my Friday evening.

Today is the first time that the flight goes home at 8:15 and I wasn't too happy about it when I made the reservation. I thought about going on the Delta flight, which leaves at 6:15, but wanted to remain loyal to Southwest.

I just logged onto Southwest's website to see if my flight is going to be on time this evening. Right now it is 2 hours late. I won't be home until well after midnight. I checked the FAA's website to see what airports are experiencing weather delays and San Fransisco (SFO) is the only one. That means that Southwest is having problems or at one time during the day, this plane made a stop at SFO and it screwed up the rest of the day's schedule. The net effect is I am not a happy. Sometimes the Internet brings bad news and it is important to remember not to shoot the messenger.

No comments:

Post a Comment