Wednesday, July 3, 2013

The Bus Ride

I am at the Oakland airport waiting for my flight back to Salt Lake and had an interesting experience on the bus ride to get here. My son and I parked our borrowed car in the off-airport long-term lot. They had a shuttle bus to the airport and it didn't take long to fill up. Traffic is really horrible in the Bay Area this week because of the BART strike and so I had time to look around and notice what everyone on the bus was doing as my son was busy with his smartphone. It turns out that anyone under the age of 30 was on their smartphone. I laughed as I watched young couples ignore each other in favor of watching their miniature screens.

My son looked up as I chuckled thinking about the texting conversation the young lovebirds facing us were having on their phones. It went something like this:

Boy: This is cool. We R on this crowded bus & nbdy can hear R conversation.

Girl: LOL.

Boy: What do U think of those 2 in front of us?

Girl: They look like father and son

Boy: They could be brothers

Girl: No, 1 looks much older. He's cute

Boy: What? Which one?

Girl: The Dad

Boy: R U kidding?

Girl: No, look how handsome he is

Boy: But he's fat!

Girl: No he's not. Look how sure he is of himself

Boy: And bald!!!

Girl: It makes him look distinguished.

Boy: R U crazy?

Girl:  Y, R U jealous?

Boy: R we looking at the same guy?

No comments:

Post a Comment