Thursday, October 31, 2013

Free Airport WiFi

Last night I was in the Delta terminal 2 at JFK trying to read my e-mail. The airports I visit most frequently have free WiFi. All I have to do is turn on my computer, pull up a browser, confirm I am willing to abide by their use policy, and I have Internet access. In Salt Lake there are no strings attached. In Oakland, I generally have to watch a 30-second video advertisement. That one video gives me 30 minutes of use. If I need more, I just watch another ad. You can imagine my surprise when New York's largest airport didn't have free WiFi.

All I had to do was go onto my phone and I could read my e-mail. While the process is painless to get my e-mail, I prefer the full-size keyboard on my laptop. Fortunately I only had to respond to one or two e-mails before catching my flight and none of my messages needed to be very large.

Here is a list of airports that I have personally visited and know have free WiFi:
  • Haneda, Japan
  • LAX - Los Angeles, CA, USA
  • OAK - Oakland, CA, USA
  • SLC - Salt Lake City, UT, USA
The list is small right now, so I will have to continue to update it as I fly. Hopefully you find it useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment