Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Another Windows Laptop

My wife has been using one of my old Mac laptops and it is time to get her a new one. We had been looking at another Mac but then I came across a laptop fire sale. I found a name-brand Windows machine with an i7 processor, 8 GB of RAM, and a 750 GB Hybrid hard drive for around $500. I couldn't help but pick one up just to see if my wife could make the switch from Mac to Windows. If not, I have been looking for a new laptop to keep on the boat and so it won't go to waste.

I spent a couple of hours over the weekend setting up the new computer and showing my wife how to navigate around Windows. It reminded me of how much I hate Windows, but I tried not to let it show too much. I told my wife to try and avoid using her old computer and just use the new one. Then I boarded a plane on Monday morning and left her alone with her new toy.

I talked to my wife this evening and the first thing she tried to do was get her e-mail set up. The built-in e-mail program with Windows won't support her e-mail service provider. This is in contrast to her Mac which does quite nicely. Strike one for Windows. Unfortunately, e-mail is the majority of how my wife uses a computer. She has set the new one aside and will wait for me to get home to help set up e-mail. In the mean time, she is back to using her Mac.

My wife says that she wants to continue to try and use the new computer but if I was a betting man, I would bet the boat is getting a new computer and my wife will be looking at the MacBook Air in the very near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment