Thursday, April 23, 2015

Late Nights and Early Mornings

I have spent the last 3 days in Tokyo, Japan and now I am at the airport headed back to Salt Lake. I have two hours to kill before my flight and I am having a tough time staying awake. When I arrive in Japan, I always try to stay as close to US time as possible. That means I try to wake up early and go to bed early. Unfortunately this trip has been rather different. Normally I am here for 4 days and that keeps me pretty busy. One less day means that I have been busy from the time I wake up in the morning until I go to bed at night. This trip had me going to bed late every night.

All of the work I have been doing means I have been spending an incredible amount of time on my laptop. It has performed flawlessly the entire trip. Unfortunately it is rather old and everyone keeps commenting on how I need to replace it with one of the new MacBooks that were recently announced. I know they are right and that I will be able to do more with a newer computer. However that means backing up my old one, getting used to the new one, and figuring out what files I want to keep around. That sounds like a lot of work and so I am holding off as long as possible. Besides my old computer seems to be working fine as indicated by the past few days.

Waiting to get a new laptop probably sounds stupid as my company has a policy about being able to replace your computer ever couple of years. Some may be thinking that a new computer every few years would be like Christmas. I know that I will eventually have to replace this old workhorse. I just want to put it off for a few more months. If I can wait until September then it will have been used for a solid 4 years. What a good computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment