Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Time to Upgrade my Gaming Console

I have been traveling a lot over the last 6 weeks and have missed playing Red Dead Redemption on my PlayStation 3. Last night I was able to start playing some more. I have to say that I really like the game and continue to enjoy it. However I think it will be the last game I play on my PlayStation 3 as I prefer the graphics on the latest video game consoles.

I have a PlayStation 4 at home in Utah but don't get much of a chance to use it for more than watching movies. When I am in the Bay Area on my boat, I have a lot more time to play video games as I am all alone and don't have to share the TV with others. While the PlayStation 3 has been good on the boat, I am ready to upgrade to a PlayStation 4. Some might argue that getting an XBox One would allow me to have both of the latest video game consoles. As you can see from how long it has taken me to get through one video game, I have more than enough games to keep me busy and so keeping with a single brand allows me to share games between my two systems. Besides, I have a number of PS4 games still in their plastic wrappers and would love to start playing them.

So now the question becomes which PS4 should I get? You can pick up a pre-owned system at Best Buy for $349 or a new one for $399. Then there are the bundled units that come with games for the same $399 price. I already own The Last of Us for the PS4 and so that bundle doesn't make sense. One of my co-workers is encouraging me to get the Batman: Arkham Knight Limited Edition bundle. I asked my oldest son for his recommendation and he said that the I should get the Batman Limited Edition because if I decide to resell the console later, I should be able to get the same or more money for it. My son has the Destiny Limited Edition and it seems to be worth more than he paid for it even though it is used. So which one should I get? Fortunately I have a lot of time to think about it.




No comments:

Post a Comment