Wednesday, July 15, 2015

The Power of People

I have been in London all week and am getting ready to head back to the United States. It has been a quick trip and I am just getting over jet lag now that it is time to leave. I have learned a lot on this trip though and it is one of those gems of wisdom I wish to impart today.

I came to London with a presentation that I have given about a half a dozen times since being here. Each time I present a technical solution and elicit feedback from the group. When I originally developed the solution, it was in response to another group telling me a need they have. Each new group has acknowledged that need but also provided other scenarios my seemingly simple solution can solve. I have gone back and added these suggestions to the original presentation and now I am getting more and more interest in my project.

This gem of wisdom I wish to impart on you today is that you should always recognize the power of other people's ideas. You never know when your proverbial solution to crack open nuts can also be used to extract the tasty meat inside crab legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment