Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Finally Some Video Game Time

This rarely ever happens but today was one of those days where skiing was just not that great. All of the new snow makes it tough for the mountain to get everything open in a timely manner. When there are only 3 chairlifts running over the Christmas break, lines can get pretty long. After waiting in lift lines twice for about 45 minutes, I decided I was done skiing and headed home. One of the benefits of a season's pass at a ski resort is not having to stick around all day if you don't think the skiing is worth it. Today it wasn't.

I find that I am much more satisfied with my Saturdays when I try to get some errands taken care of around the house. While today isn't a Saturday, it sort of feels like one so when I finished skiing, I immediately attacked some necessary errands. Only after they were completed did I feel I could play video games. My oldest son took a look at my video game collection and laughed at me because I have such a large collection of unopened games. He took one out an put it in my console so I could start playing it. Then he pulled one out and put it in the second console and started playing it. Remember that it is Christmas break and so we have two TV's and two video game consoles in the TV room. It is a temporary thing though.

I enjoyed the suggestion from my son but opted for a different game. We both sat down and played for several hours. One of the nice things about the PlayStation 4 is that you can plug a headphones into the controller. My son had on his while I had on mine. That way we were not distracted by each other's game. It was a great way to pass the afternoon. With tomorrow being Christmas Eve, I doubt we will be doing much game playing and so it was good to have some time today.

No comments:

Post a Comment