Saturday, December 26, 2015

The Best Gift I Gave This Year

Tuesday my son and I got back from skiing and were spending the afternoon playing video games when my wife got home from work. She didn't think it was fair that she spent the day working and then came home to clean the house while we continued to have the day off. She strongly encouraged my son and I to help with the vacuuming. My son was with me when I purchased my wife's Christmas gift and wanted me to give it to her 3 days before Christmas. Why? Because the gift could have eliminated our need to do any vacuuming. I got my wife an iRobot Roomba 655.

My son pleaded with me to give it to her then so he wouldn't have to stop what he was doing and help with the house chores. I explained to him that secretly my wife was trying to see what she was getting for Christmas. She knew that I wanted to continue playing my game and that a request for help might lead to a clue as to what she was getting. If I had told her to wait until Christmas, she would know she was getting a robot vacuum, as it was high on her wish list this year.

Today we came home from skiing and my wife immediately put the robot vacuum to work while we made lunch. About 20 minutes later the vacuum returned to its charging station and announced its completion with a few chimes. My wife then emptied its completely full dust bin. She then programmed it to wake up at 3pm every Monday and Thursday to automatically vacuum the main level of our house.

Yes I have to say that the iRobot Roomba 655 is quite possibly the best Christmas gift I gave this year. Now when my wife asks for help around the house at least it won't be to vacuum.

No comments:

Post a Comment