Tuesday, December 22, 2015

The Risk of Buying Things Online

I have opted to forego a lot of the hassle of driving places to purchase Christmas gifts this year. Instead I have tried to purchase a number of things online. Most of the time this isn't an issue. However this year I am having to do a fair number of returns. I can't go into too many details as it is still before Christmas and I don't want to spoil anyone's surprise. There is one case where I did get something for myself: some active 3D glasses for a new computer monitor.

Normally I wouldn't buy anything for myself before Christmas except that I got a really great deal on a 3D monitor: $50. I knew it didn't come with the required glasses at that price and so I ordered a 4-pack of them from Amazon. Interestingly enough, the glasses ended up costing more than the monitor. Yesterday the glasses arrived and I was excited to test them with my monitor. Three of the four pairs work perfectly. The 4th pair needs to be returned.

Now Amazon has this awesome guarantee where if you are not satisfied, you can return the purchase for a full refund. The problem is, I don't want to return all of the glasses, just one pair. So I am trying to work with the seller and they want me to send back the bad pair on my dime. It is kind of a giant pain in the butt. Had I purchased them from retail store, it would just be a matter of driving to the store and getting them replaced.

Now if this was the only case of things not working the first time around this Christmas, I would chalk it up to a fluke. However it isn't and I am rather jaded with online purchases this year. Hopefully your experiences are different this year.

1 comment:

  1. you should not bye shoes or phone . Cause when i ordered the phone i got a printed picture of it instead

    ReplyDelete