Thursday, June 23, 2016

In Case of Emergency (ICE)

My most recent post has me thinking about emergency contacts and how I have them listed in my phone. I attended an emergency training meeting a few years back and one of the first things they had us do was create an ICE contact in our phones. It stands for In Case of Emergency and first responders are trained to look for that contact to use in case there is an accident and they find your phone.

If you don't have that contact in your phone, you should stop what you are doing and add it. Don't worry, I'll wait. It does not need to be a new contact. It can be one already in your phone. This small piece of information may be the critical piece of information that gets you proper and immediate help if something ever goes wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment