Thursday, June 30, 2016

Video Games Can Keep You Up at Night

Last night I started playing a new video game and I have to say that it had me so engaged that I found it difficult to get to sleep at a reasonable hour. I kept finding myself wanting to kill one more bad guy. Eventually I had to save my game so I could go to sleep before a very important meeting today. I fell asleep just fine but then I woke up at 5:50 and couldn't get back to sleep. So much for getting the necessary sleep before my meeting. I got out of bed at 7am and headed to work after only 4 and a half hours of sleep.

Knowing that I would probably fall asleep if I held still too long kept me focused on my meeting today. I led the meeting and that allowed me to pace around as I directed everyone. I did admit to being tired and not getting enough rest. Fortunately I work for a video game company and so they all understand why I couldn't stop playing my game. I don't think I could have gotten away with that at some of my other jobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment