Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Back to the Normal Routine

For the past month or so, my normal routine temporarily changed. It all started when my company decided to redo the floors in our gym. That meant no exercising at work for 2 weeks. It also meant I got to refresh my memory of the marina showers. I prefer the ones at work a lot more.

Next I had my usual winter ski trip with my wife. Every winter, I like to take a few days to try and ski someplace new. We thought about visiting Telluride in Colorado but opted to stay closer to home because of snow conditions. Instead we skied at Deer Valley, Snowbird, and Alta. Due to our seasons passes, the price of lift tickets amounted to absolutely nothing. Throw in the lack of a need to find a hotel room and the trip came in at a bargain price.

Finally I had a business trip to London and took my youngest daughter who has never been out of the country. We had a great trip and I got a lot of good work done. It just meant a departure from the normal routine.

This week I am at in my office in the Bay Area with everything back to normal. Don't get me wrong, I love to mix things up every now and then. Not having to go to work because of a ski vacation is a good thing. However now I am glad to be back on a regular schedule with my normal exercise and shower facilities available. It also means I have time in the evenings to test more video games. There are a number of new ones that have come out. I have spent some time watching my son play Horizon Zero Dawn and today a friend from EA picked me up a copy of Mass Effect Andromeda. They both look to be spectacular games. When I am on my boat during the week, I can play without feeling any guilt at all. Now my only decision is which one to play first.

No comments:

Post a Comment