Friday, May 26, 2017

Learning from the Internet

The Internet is full of wonderful information and can be a great source of learning. It can also be full of lies and misdirection so you need to be careful with the information you find.

Today I am working on machine learning where I classify types of sentences. There are plenty of examples already created and so I am trying to leverage them instead of trying to recreate something. One of my Internet searches brought me to an interesting article that has nothing to do with machine learning or even sentence classification. It is an article about 5 writing tips that C. S. Lewis sent to a young aspiring author back in 1954.

I wrote a book back in 2001 called "Programming with Oracle Developer." Now I consider it a cure for insomnia but I am still proud that I managed to devote enough time to write a book that got published. During the process I would submit a chapter to the publisher who had several editors review it. One focused on the technical correctness while another fixed the grammar and wording. That process taught me that my writing needs a lot of fixing. So if you are like me and interested in learning about how to be a better writer, take a look at the link above.

No comments:

Post a Comment