Friday, October 13, 2017

My Halloween Movie List

I love this time of year as it means that ski season is just around the corner. It also means that we get to start the extended Holiday season that includes Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's. It also means it is time to start watching Halloween movies. Now I am not a big fan of scary movies and so when I think about Halloween movies, I think about fun ones. So with that preface, here is my list of Halloween movies that I enjoy.

Hocus Pocus - This is more of a fun movie than a scary one. Yes there are 3 witches that run around terrorizing a small New England town, but it is more comedic than horror.

Ghostbusters - I prefer the original as it brings back fond memories of my youth. Once again, this is more comedy than terror.

Casper - I used to come home from school and watch the old Casper cartoons. The movie is much better done and is a good way to celebrate Halloween.

Pirates of the Carribean - The original film got released in the summer of 2003, not even close to Halloween. However it is a very well done ghost story that ties into one of the classic rides in Disneyland. That makes it a good addition to my list.

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone - This film's original release date happened after Halloween but ultimately is a movie about witches and wizards. In my opinion, that makes it a great Halloween movie. It has a few scary parts but is mostly good entertainment.

Looking at this list, I realize that most of these movies are for children. I guess that makes me a big kid and I'm fine with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment