Saturday, November 25, 2017

Chromebook Update

About a month ago I wrote about a new Chromebook that a company sent me for free. Since then it has been in my family room, next to the kitchen. I have to say that it has been used non-stop by the family. It really only has one purpose: a web browser and it does it very well.

I came home from California before Thanksgiving and needed to look something up. I opened the screen and saw that my wife had used the Chromebook to look up a recipe for Polenta. I found that fitting as that is what I said it would get used for last month. The family also uses it for a number of other things as well. I used it to help figure out what tires to put on my wife's Jeep Wrangler. Throughout the Thanksgiving break, we used the device whenever anyone had a question that nobody else could answer. Need to know how late a store is open? Just do a quick Internet search and look it up.

Yesterday my youngest son grabbed the Chromebook and did some quick Christmas shopping. When he finished, he remarked that the device makes a great addition to the family room and thinks it makes a great family computer. Of course he wouldn't want to give up his laptop with all its capabilities but having a device for everyone to use to do quick look ups is very convenient.

I closed last month's review of the device stating that I probably wouldn't spend money on one because I prefer my laptop. After having used it for a while, I have changed my opinion and think the device is well worth the $200 price. I would also suggest that if you are looking for an inexpensive family gift to consider one. Especially if you need to replace the family computer that is really only used to search the web.

No comments:

Post a Comment