Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Video Game Review: King Oddball

I am always looking for games to play on my PS Vita during my weekly flights between Salt Lake and San Francisco. I started playing Spy Hunter but quickly lost interest. PlayStation Plus offered King Oddball free for PS3, PS4, and PS Vita last month. I downloaded it to both my Vita and PS4 and started playing it on the PS4 in my office right before heading to the airport to catch my flight home. Let's just say that the game is very addicting and I had to rush to the airport even though I knew I could play it on my Vita while on the go.

The game is available on almost every platform possible. It is very similar to the Angry Birds series in that you have an object you lob at tanks and army men in an effort to destroy them. Each puzzle lasts a few minutes at most and then you move around the map faced with increasingly complex scenarios. There are a few areas on the map where you have additional challenges such as tossing grenades instead of rocks or trying to win with at least one remaining piece of ammunition. Then when you complete the game there is the secret game.

King Oddball kept me entertained for a month's worth of airplane flights and is great for someone looking to be entertained during a bus, plane, train, or ferry commute (don't play it while driving). You can get it for your phone or tablet and so you don't require a PlayStation device to enjoy the game.

King Oddball is rated E 10+, meaning it is suitable for anyone over the age of 10. Why not everyone? The fantasy violence. Tanks explode and little army men go poof. I got the game for free as part of my PlayStation plus subscription and it is worth every penny.

No comments:

Post a Comment